Skip a Payment
Need to hit “pause” on your monthly loan payment? We can help.
Skip a Payment is offered on New and Used Auto Loans and Personal Loans1. This program allows you to skip up to two payments per year on Auto Loans, and up to two skipped payments per life-of-loan on Personal Loans.
Skip a Payment in Online and Mobile Banking
Skip a Payment is offered on New and Used Auto loans and Personal Loans1. Special or Promotional Personal loans do not qualify.2
- Login to Online Banking through your desktop or through the LA Financial app on your mobile device. Download the LA Financial app for iOS or Android
- In the menu, (under More at the bottom of the screen for mobile users) click Transfer & Pay > Skip a Vehicle or Personal Loan Payment
- The Skip A Payment Agreement will appear; if you agree, click the Skip Payment Fee for the loan you’d like skipped. (A $25 fee charge is associated with skipping a monthly payment.)
- Select the account you would like the fee deducted from in the dropdown menu under Choose Payment Option.
- Review and click “I Agree” to accept the Skip A Payment Terms and Conditions before you submit your request.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the screen and a confirmation screen will appear that “Your Payment has been scheduled”.
If you don’t currently have any loans eligible for Skip A Payment, a screen will appear with the alert: No Eligible Accounts You do not have any accounts eligible for Skip-a-Pay.
Skip a Payment Email/Fax Form
You can choose to skip your auto or personal loan payments1
1. Read the eligibility requirements on the Skip a Payment Form to double-check that you qualify.2
2. Complete the Skip a Payment Form
3. Sign the form and email to: [email protected] or fax the completed form to: 626-844-8168.
4. We will confirm that we received your form.
1 Finance charges will still accrue.
2 Eligibility Requirements: All Credit Union accounts must be in good standing (minimum balance requirements met) and no past due payments within the last 12 months. Loan(s) will be ineligible if two payments were skipped or an extension was granted during the preceding 12 month period. Member must make one (1) initial payment on the loan before requesting to Skip a Payment. Skip payments will not be processed until the $25 fee is transferred. If there is “GAP” coverage on the auto loan, you understand that skipping loan payment(s) does not change the terms and conditions of the original GAP Waiver. GAP does allow two skipped payments per year during the life of the loan and in the event of a claim, any additional payment(s) may be deducted from any payable GAP benefit. Unsecured personal loans are only allowed two skip payments over the life of the loan. For more information on loan servicing contact: 800.894.1200 ext. 8263. Request must be received prior to your due date.