Senior Systems Administrator
This position is located at our Pasadena Headquarters:
177 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91105
Please see job description for details.
Why should you work at LA Financial Credit Union versus a bank? We are owned by our members (rather than outside stockholders) and we are focused on people – not profits. As a not-for-profit institution, we can generally offer better rates to our membership as we are a full-service financial institution.
As for our employees, we focus on them too. Our regular, full-time employees receive medical, dental, dental, basic and additional life, and long-term disability insurance. We also offer them a great 401(k) and Profit Sharing plan, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, vacation time, paid sick leave and 11 paid holidays! Additionally, all regular full-time and part-time employees can take advantage of the benefits of membership that include some employee-only perks. We also have lots of fun!
This is an onsite job.
We are looking for a qualified and awesome Senior Network Administrator who can wear lots of hats, with limited supervision. Will be responsible to manage the network and security which includes the deployment, maintenance and monitoring of network gear: switches, routers, firewalls, etc. Provides advanced technical software and hardware support to team members. Troubleshoots and resolves Datacenter system problems and assists with project management research, implementation and system administrative duties. Performs all duties of LAN/WAN administration and performs diagnostic testing to determine source of problems to makes necessary repairs. Responsible for remediation of findings in IT Risk Assessments and audits.
Candidate must require the following:
- Performs routine system maintenance. Monitors system operations to minimize downtime. Performs LAN/WAN administration. Ensures working conditions of servers including software license management. Performs advanced network troubleshooting. Reports problems to external system providers, such as telecomm, hosted systems, managed security, and software vendors to resolve. Adhere to IT policy standards for use, operations, and security of network, computers, and data including coordination of network schedule, backups and downtime with users.
- Installs and modifies server and network hardware and software. Works with tech support vendors and field engineers. Diagnosis hardware, software, and operator problems, take remedial action and recommends changes. Installs peripheral datacenter equipment when necessary.
- Assists with software and hardware related to Email, LAN/WAN and other automated systems. Responds to technical staff personnel requests for assistance by phone or in person resulting in quality service for the customer.
- Develops, recommends and implements new system features, enhancements and updates for datacenter equipment, including, but not limited to servers, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Remediate findings from vulnerability scanning to tighten security. Discovered vulnerabilities will be logged and communicated to VP Technical Services to discuss and determine order of remediation.
- Patch management and Backups are to be performed and tested following agreed upon schedules.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective business relations with end users and outside vendors. Maintains supportive relationships with users to ensure their needs are met. Preserves professional relationships with outside vendors when requesting upgrades, replacement parts and assistance.
- Responsible for remediation of findings from IT Risk Assessments and audits on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for the creation, review, and update of Technology Services Procedure.
- Performs all of the above duties in compliance with Credit Union Policy and appropriate regulatory statues.
This job was updated on 10/14/2020.