Senior Mortgage Loan Processor
This position is located at our Pasadena Headquarters:
177 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91105
Please see job description for details.
Reporting to the CFO, LA Financial Credit Union is looking for a hands-on Compliance Manager to join our Management Team. Why should you work at LA Financial Credit Union versus a bank? We are owned by our members (rather than outside stockholders) and we are focused on people – not profits. As a not-for-profit institution, we can generally offer better rates to our membership, we are a part of our community, and we are a full-service financial institution just like the big banks.
As for our employees, we focus on them too. Our regular, full-time employees receive medical, dental, dental, basic and additional life, and long-term disability insurance. We also offer a great 401(k) and profit sharing plan, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, wellness programs, vacation time, paid sick leave and 11 paid holidays! Additionally, all regular full-time and part-time employees can take advantage of the benefits of membership that include some employee-only perks. We also have lots of fun!
We expect this position to work on-site the majority of the time. We are flexible on daily work schedule as long as a full day is worked Monday through Friday. We are a business casual workplace and in compliance with COVID-19 protocols for Pasadena.
Headquartered in Old Town Pasadena, LA Financial is looking for a qualified Mortgage Loan Processor. Under direct supervision of the AVP Real Estate Lending, this role must have thorough knowledge of Real Estate Loan Process, escrow procedures, be familiar with Real Estate loan and escrow documents and terminology, and perform clerical support functions for the department. Other key duties include but are not limited to the following duties:
- Opens title orders and maintains communication with Title Company as applicable.
- Opens escrow and maintains communication with escrow officers as applicable.
- Obtains fire insurance information and performs follow-up as necessary on required coverage.
- Orders tax service.
- Orders flood certification.
- Maintains real estate loan application file documents and conditions and performs follow-up as necessary.
- Prepares and sends out initial Real Estate Loan Disclosures
- Prepares and mails early disclosures to borrowers to ensure file compliance is met.
- Processes Real Estate applications in Loan Origination System.
- Imports loans to Automated Underwriting System.
- Conducts a preliminary review of the Credit Report.
- Calculates Borrower Income.
- Reviews preliminary title reports for accuracy to ensure proper lien position.
- Conducts a thorough review of appraisal reports.
- Answers mail and telephone inquiries.
- Files documents and real estate loan files as necessary.
- Draws first, second and HELOC loan documents as a back-up for the Real Estate Loan Closer.
- Update and report HMDA information in Loan Origination System.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience. Associates’ degree preferred.
- Three years of experience in mortgage loan processing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and analytical ability.
- General knowledge of math required for calculations.
- Knowledge of Meridian Link (Application System), Lenders Office (Loan Origination System), Loan Prospector (Automated Underwriting System), Symitar (Core System), Calyx Point preferred but not required.*
This job was updated on: 10/14/2020.