This position is located at our Pasadena Headquarters:
177 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91105
Reporting to the CFO, LA Financial Credit Union is looking for a hands-on Compliance Manager to join our Management Team. Why should you work at LA Financial Credit Union versus a bank? We are owned by our members (rather than outside stockholders) and we are focused on people – not profits. As a not-for-profit institution, we can generally offer better rates to our membership, we are a part of our community, and we are a full-service financial institution just like the big banks.
As for our employees, we focus on them too. Our regular, full-time employees receive medical, dental, dental, basic and additional life, and long-term disability insurance. We also offer a great 401(k) and profit sharing plan, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, wellness programs, vacation time, paid sick leave and 11 paid holidays! Additionally, all regular full-time and part-time employees can take advantage of the benefits of membership that include some employee-only perks. We also have lots of fun!
We expect this position to work on-site the majority of the time. Working remotely, as needed, may be an option as knowledge of our organization increases.
LA Financial is looking for a qualified and hands-on Compliance Manager with retail banking/credit union compliance experience who can build our compliance program, assure compliance with operational policies and procedures and with applicable state and federal banking regulations, compliance with our BSA/AML/OFAC Program and ensure adherence Consumer Compliance and Safety and Soundness program for the credit union. Other key duties include but are not limited to the following duties:
- Conducts special studies for management to discover the credit union’s potential exposure to existing or pending compliance regulation and cooperates with the appropriate staff in developing an effective response to the compliance requirements.
- Develops, maintains and implements a schedule for a cursory examination of all compliance requisites and looks for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, timeless of response to compliance issue lack of compliance in laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Assists the credit union and management in understanding and addressing all applicable laws and regulations.
- Develops and maintains corporate compliance policies and establishes compliance review procedures.
- Develops and and updates BSA/AML/OFAC training materials and forms for employees and management.
- Coordinates inter and intra-department activities regarding inquiries or issues relating to BSA/Compliance matters.
- Monitors various compliance surveillance and exception reports. Conducts periodic internal account/customer reviews to identify potentially suspicious activity. Complete sand accurately documents steps taken through the investigation process.
- Reviews and critically assesses current reporting systems in order to determine recommendations for maximum optimization.
- Four-year college degree is required or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Certification from an accredited nationally recognized Compliance school.
- Five years of experience required with managing banking compliance regulatory projects or working in a credit union or banking environment.
- Two years of management experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all areas of work performed.
- Strong analytical and deductive skills.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail.
- System knowledge and familiarity, with the ability to adapt to change and learn new programs and software as needed.
- Technically skilled with ability to create, develop and use analytical spreadsheets.
- Ability to communicate, verbally, in person and in writing, in a professional manner when dealing with employees, members, vendors and credit union contacts.
This job was updated on 10/14/2020.